Nov. 4, 2014 to Nov. 6, 2014
Nov. 6, 2014
Washington District Of ColumbiaUnited States
Nov. 12, 2014 to Nov. 13, 2014
New York New YorkUnited States
Nov. 18, 2014 to Nov. 20, 2014
College Park MarylandUnited States
SN on Twitter
- Oct 31 Witt says next press conference will be tomorrow.
- Oct 31 Witt: this hasn't been an easy week. This is where you find your true character.
- Oct 31 Witt: my message is to stay the course. This business is worthy business.
- Oct 31 Mickey: surviving pilot doing "as well as can be expected." No other details, no names given.
- Oct 31 Witt: I detected nothing that looked abnormal. Became concerned when I didn't hear/see things I expected.
- Oct 31 Mickey: this motor was thoroughly tested on the ground. This was a new fuel formulation [plastic vs rubber]
- Oct 31 Virgin Galactic CEO George Whitesides: space is hard, and today is a tough day. Work to understand this and move forward.
- Oct 31 Kevin Mickey, Scaled Composites head: securing crash site. NTSB arriving tomorrow morning.
- Oct 31 Sheriff: one pilot found deceased, other what what appeared to be major injuries.
- Oct 31 Witt: 1 crewmember met by emergency responders, sent to local hospital. One fatality. Can't speculate on cause of accident.
- Oct 31 Witt: SS2/WK2 takeoff at 9:20 am PDT, release at 10:10 am PDT, "became aware of inflight anomaly" 2 minutes later
- Oct 31 No, wait, it looks like they're getting ready to start. Mojave Air and Space Port checf executive Stu Witt briefing.