Job Title: Art Director
Reports to: Editor
This position is responsible for maintaining day-to-day production for the paper and website. The Art Director will oversee work-flow and will interface with the sales, circulation, production and editorial departments. In addition, the Art Director must have a professional-level understanding across all aspects of production processes related to publication and printing.
Major Responsibilities , Duties and Authority :
1. Develop and manage the overall brand appearance for all uses in the paper, website and at events.
2. Ensure adherence to style for the brand in all forms.
3. Page design and layout for the paper and website.
4. Prepare, manage and enhance photos and other images for use in print and online.
5. Create and design the look for the paper and website as well as special sections for both.
6. Design and development of advertising ads for the paper and website.
7. Design and development of all marketing materials
8. Ad trafficking for the weekly paper
Extensive knowledge of pre-press, and the ability to source and advise on best materials and processes for a given project.
Must be energetic and self-motivated, organized and detail oriented.
Excellent follow-up skills.
Graphic Arts Degree from an accredited school or a related course of study.
Other Formal Training:
Graphic arts, computer programs and troubleshooting. Excellent knowledge of Mac and PC graphic software.