Oct. 23, 2014
Washington District Of ColumbiaUnited States
Oct. 27, 2014 to Oct. 29, 2014
Huntsville AlabamaUnited States
Oct. 27, 2014 to Oct. 30, 2014
Hong Kong S.A.R., China
Nov. 4, 2014 to Nov. 6, 2014
SN on Twitter
- Oct 22 Lux govt says EUR 225M ($295M) military telecom sat to be built/launched w/ SES for Lux military & NATO will not be used with armed UAVs.
- Oct 22 Lux govt says firmly backs a JV w/ SES for a military telecom sat to be used by Lux and by NATO.
- Oct 22 RT @Cosmic_Penguin: @jeff_foust Should be launching at 2 pm Eastern Thursday if everything goes right. ;) (that's in the wee hours of Frida…
- Oct 22 Chinese media finally reports on the upcoming launch of a circumlunar mission, which it says will be btwn Fri & Sun: http://t.co/jJIyb1KmoU
- Oct 22 (I'm a little skeptical of that "zero gravity chamber" pictured, though.)
- Oct 22 The Space Tourism Society has a chapter in Nigeria, and it wants to take students on a tour of US space facilities: http://t.co/dh1sj5j55y
- Oct 22 Starck also, to our great relief, assures us that while "yes I would have liked them to have been naked," VG customers will be clothed.
- Oct 22 Designer Philippe Starck says he may not fly on Virgin Galactic: "I’ve developed bad bouts of claustrophobia." http://t.co/tDH12XWTPz
- Oct 22 Indonesia to ITU: We've had sats since 1970s. Our concern is nat'l digital sovereignty in addition to bridging digital divide. #Plenipot14
- Oct 22 Iraq to ITU: Can international regulators help us defend vs foreign sats beaming incendiary programming into our territory? #Plenipot14
- Oct 22 Russia-led Matryoshka-R experiment used polyurethane torso/head dummies w/ dosimeters at ISS to simulate radiation dose on internal organs.
- Oct 22 Radiation exposure to space station astronauts substantially lower than expected, a 10-yr Russian-led experiment concludes.