Aug. 2, 2014 to Aug. 7, 2014
Logan UtahUnited States
Aug. 4, 2014 to Aug. 7, 2014
San Diego CaliforniaUnited States
Aug. 11, 2014 to Aug. 14, 2014
Huntsville AlabamaUnited States
Aug. 21, 2014
SN on Twitter
- Jul 29 Arianespace CEO: Cyclone over ATV tracking station in Pacific nearly stopped launch 3 hrs before liftoff, but alternative station found.
- Jul 29 French space minister Fioraso: The ATV program cost about EUR 3.7B ($5 billion) & discloses small anomaly before launch. No details.
- Jul 29 ESA's Dordain: I'll admit it, I didn't think Airbus could produce at a rate of 1 ATV per year. But you did, so bravo.
- Jul 29 ESA's Dordain: ATV-5 solar panels are deployed successfully.
- Jul 29 ESA's Dordain, on day when EU OKs more sanctions vs. Russia, pointedly thanks Russia, w/o which ESA astronauts couldn't visit ISS.
- Jul 29 Launch was 60th consecutive success for Ariane 5. Three more planned by end of year.
- Jul 29 Successful separation of ATV at about 267 km & speed of 7.45 kms pe second. 30 mins to solar array deployment.
- Jul 29 Deputy director of China's manned space flight agency is among the guests at today's ATV-5 flight at Europe's South American spaceport.
- Jul 29 Ariane 5 liftoff, about 63 mins until separation at 260 km of 20,000-kg ATV-5 space station freighter.
- Jul 29 ATV-5 to perform 'fly under' maneuver at station before docking to test optical radars, IR cameras for space surveillance, debris removal.
- Jul 29 Europe's 5th & final ATV freighter to launch to space station today carries 50 kg of Italian coffee capsules. Orbital life getting better.
- Jul 29 Gerstenmaier says @NASA does not need “an immediate decision” from Russia on extending #ISS operations beyond 2020 http://t.co/ZQl2uIgwsw